Fulltime Marketing Writer
We are growing! And we’re looking for an amazing person to join our marketing team. This position is best suited for a skilled storyteller, experienced in SaaS and/or video industry. We’re looking for an individual who’s able to talk the talk, but also occasionally manage content like publishing and editing contributing articles.
The perfect person for this position will be a content creator who can turn words into readable chocolate, with a strong sense of strategic direction. We do have a solid strategy in place, but this is a fast-growing market, so the trends are quick to shift and we need to be able to confidently refocus when needed.
Our team is incredibly smart, passionate, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy.
About the role:
This person will work directly with our content marketing team and by splitting the workload and expediting delivery, focusing roughly 80% of the time on creating various pieces of content, like blog posts, ebooks and landing pages. The remaining 20% will be split between managing and editing contributing articles, with a small piece allocated for some miscellaneous tasks and team meetings.
This is a full-time remote position, and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 3+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- Experience in SaaS (as a writer, editor or content manager)
- Experience with SEO and keyword research is a must
- Impeccable sense of grammar and punctuation (American English)
- Creative writing style and ability to generate excitement in a copy (take a potato and turn it into Pringles)
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Confident decision maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person :)
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience writing / editing scripts for videos and podcasts is good to have but not a disqualifier
- Experience in video industry or OTT in general (Nice to have but not a deal-breaker)
- Good sense of content trends
- Ability to predict and identify gaps in the market
Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with contract. We want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance / part-time position you can do in tandem with other professional endeavors
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connectivity.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
Uscreen is the world’s leading video monetization platform. We help thousands of creators, entrepreneurs, fitness trainers, coaches, entertainment companies and various other experts to launch their own video on demand streaming service and make money selling videos online. We are a lean startup, but are fully independent, privately held and profitable.
We are a SaaS company with an agile, but structured environment. Uscreen is a remote-first company, with our team members distributed across the world. However, we do have rules and guidelines set in place to make sure everyone is delivering their best work and maintains an overlap with the rest of the key members of the team.
How to apply:
- Apply using the link below
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Zoom interview with the successful candidates
Uscreen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
The determination to move applicants forward in our hiring process will be based on how the candidates’ skills, qualifications, knowledge, and experience meet the requirements of the position as outlined in this job posting.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received, that we are thrilled about, we are only able to respond to qualified candidates at this time. Should you be selected to move forward in the recruiting process you will be notified within 2-weeks of your submission.
APPLY HERE: https://airtable.com/shrrfrvQIOQC1NW9H