Introduction to HBI:
Here at the Healthy Back Institute we are on a mission to change the way people think about health and support people in their journey to live a pain free life. Over the years, we have literally helped millions of people to live pain free, both safely and naturally.
Everything that happens at the Healthy Back Institute is rooted in our core values: Helping People, Trust, Service, Family and Being Great! These are the foundations of how we serve our customers, as well as how we treat each other. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor to learn more about our unique culture!
About our Data Science Team:
The Data Science team provides insights to help inform decision making throughout the organization. We are seeking an outstanding Data Engineer for a short term position which has the potential to transform into a long term position. As part of this team in a rapidly growing business, you will help our various stakeholders gain access to data and further transform that data into usable information.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a Data Engineer at the Healthy Back Institute you will ingest, store, transform and process data within our data lake. Keeping the end user in mind you will construct data models and assist with building out and maintaining our data warehouse.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Data Scientist but working very closely with the Technology team:
- Architect and build core datasets used for strategic analysis
- Navigate 3rd party API’s to ingest relevant data
- Implement efficient ETL processes that process, store, and validate data
- Optimize queries for fast performance in our BI tool
- Work with Data Scientist to translate business questions into projects
- Work with our CTO as a resource during product planning of our core line of business application
- Help precisely define company metrics and champion proper usage
- Document code and implementations
Key Experience that Drives Success in this Role:
- 3+ years of experience working as a data engineer or similar role
- BSc in a quantitative discipline
- Hands-on experience writing production-level code in python
- Solid proficiency in SQL
- Experience with RDBMS and Data Warehousing
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data integrity and performance issues
- Proficient in writing technical specifications and documentation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with AWS stack (EC2, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue ,etc.)
- Demonstrable ability in data modeling
- Experience leading projects with minimal supervision
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working in the direct response marketing or e-commerce industry
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with BI Tools (ie. Tableau)
Benefits of Working at the Healthy Back Institute:
- A healthy work/life balance and flexible schedule
- Remote / virtual work from home position
- Medical, dental, vision insurance *
- 401K Retirement Plan *
- Life and disability insurance *
- Paid vacation *
- Paid travel *
- Paid continuing education *
- Performance based bonuses
- Discount on HBI products
- An amazing team-centered culture felt at all levels of the company!
*Benefits are only available for full time positions. This position is first a temporary contract position but has the potential to turn into an ongoing role.