Hidey-ho, neighbors! Tako Agency (a fast-growing, fully remote agency with a leadership team based in North America) is looking for a Shopify Developer to join our team! We are devoted to building beautiful, high quality, Shopify sites for our clients. (We build mobile apps too, but the core of our business is Shopify and Shopify-related apps.) Our team is tightly knit, positive, and supportive, and team members have plenty of chances to grow.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Shopify site development
- Strong knowledge of the Shopify platform as a whole
- Expertise in Shopify theme development and customization
- Expert-level knowledge of Shopify Liquid templating language
- Proficiency with various Shopify JS APIs (Storefront, AJAX Cart, Sections, etc)
- Strong understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Expertise in:
- Ruby (preferred but not required)
- AJAX (preferred but not required)
- Able to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Great attention to detail and organized
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Fast learner
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Able to work a minimum of 30 hours/week, in either Eastern Standard Time (EST) or Pacific Standard Time (PST)
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Developing eCommerce sites on Shopify
- Developing custom Shopify themes
- Migrating websites from other eCommerce platforms to Shopify
- Creating responsive website designs
- Extending Shopify’s functionalities using storefront APIs, liquid programming, meta fields, etc.
- Integrating third-party apps
- Page speed optimization
- Transforming complex layout PSDs into pixel-perfect presentation-layer
- HTML5/CSS3 templates
- Working with version control systems such as GIT / SVN
- Handling multiple projects at the same time, sometimes on tight deadlines
- Producing high-quality work with a strong focus on detail
- Thoroughly QA work prior to submission
Interested in learning more? Please apply, and in your introduction, please answer the following questions:
- Which Shopify websites have you worked on? Please send 2-3 links and explain what you did.
- What is your working availability (hours per week)?
- Are you familiar with Jira for task management?
- Can you work on EST or PST timezone? Please be specific.
INTRODUCTIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ANSWERS TO THESE FOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE IGNORED. It demonstrates a lack of attention to detail, which is an important quality in a Tako team member. Thanks!
About Tako Agency
Hi. Grace here, Creative Director. I've been tasked with setting up this company profile, and it was all going relatively fine until I got to this section. In a perfect world our Technical Director, Mallory, would be writing this--but she's TOO BUSY which is why we need to hire more developers. So, you get me.
The problem is, I am the CREATIVE Director. What I know about development could fit into a teaspoon. To me, you people ARE magicians. I have no idea what goes on back there, but Mallory's dev team brings my creative team's visions and ideas to life. Without you, it stays in InVision forever.
Okay, here are more pertinent details:
Our dev team is headed by Mallory, a Shopify expert and former Guru. They are responsible for implementing designs into Shopify stores, squashing bugs, and finding creative solutions to challenging problems. As a fully remote team, communication skills are incredibly important, as is organization and following workflows and procedures. In exchange, we offer flexible hours, interesting projects, a fun, supportive team, and the chance to learn and grow from real Shopify experts.
- Work-Life Balance is strongly encouraged!
- We all have a sense of humor + enjoy having fun.
- Opportunity to grow + learn from Shopify experts.
- We genuinely care about our team + build strong bonds over time.
- NO COMMUTE! Work from home, wherever you are.