Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Campaign Performance team provides strategic guidance for our earned and owned marketing channels and how to best target specific audiences. In addition, we produce and execute high quality marketing campaigns. We firmly believe in a test and learn culture, and we track campaign performance and quickly iterate to optimize campaign results. We also value strong collaboration and work closely with our peeps across Marketing, Design, Analytics, Customer Experience, and Service Partner Program (SPP) teams (to name a few) to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
Mailchimp’s Email Marketing Associate will be an important role in supporting our always-on marketing initiatives. In this role your primary responsibility will include executing email marketing campaigns and optimization plans to boost overall results.
The ideal candidate has experience using SaaS marketing tools, a track record for accurately executing marketing campaigns, possesses a keen eye for detail, and has some experience with utilizing marketing automations. Experience using analytics to improve campaign performance and/or working within a fast-paced environment is a plus.
What you'll do here:
Email Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Design, QA, and execute marketing emails on behalf of Mailchimp, with overall responsibility for full email production and deployment cycle.
- Work with Data team to import data, setup appropriate tagging, and manage list segmentation within Mailchimp app
- Work with the Demand Generation Manager to implement tactical customer lifecycle marketing campaigns via email channel
- Oversee email process from initial approach through analysis
- Build/adjust email marketing campaigns and templates, in addition to managing pre-send QA process
- Balance marketing and transactional content across multiple platforms and accounts
- Employ custom automation workflows to deliver highly targeted messaging based on existing users, new prospects, and lifecycle
- Build and adjust email template code as needed
- Serve as power user of Mailchimp application and provide continual feedback to product and research teams
- Work with cross-functional squad that comprise of copywriters, designers, developers, analysts, etc. regarding execution, measurement, and optimization of marketing campaigns
- Advise and/or support the design of email experimentation and optimization plans to assist stakeholders in achieving specific goals
Performance & Reporting
- Administer multivariate tests to improve campaign effectiveness
- Prepare post-deployment performance tracking for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Assist Analytics, squad, and other stakeholders to measure and track email marketing campaigns results to continuously optimize performance
- Provide feedback, insights, and recommendations to our performance marketing team and design teams
- Assist with establishing benchmarks for measuring the impact of email marketing program success
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2-3 years email marketing experience
- Experience developing and executing email campaigns, specifically within campaign creation, list management, and marketing automation
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, including responsive design across both desktop and mobile email clients
- Familiarity with CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, and deliverability best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to independently solve problems
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Keen eye for details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to track, measure, and analyze email campaign results is a bonus
- Experience working directly for an email service provider (ESP) or within the Mailchimp application
- Tactical planning and execution across 1 or more marketing channels
- Experience working in a fast-paced and matrixed environment is a plus
- Great organizational and prioritization skills, while maintaining balance of both quality output and speed to meet the demands of the business
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $63,000 to $75,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.