Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are excited to grow our Product Operations team, which supports the day-to-day operations of the Product Department. This team is responsible for building, supporting, and scaling processes which support the department all while managing communications via multiple channels. This team acts as an organizer, connector, and agent of continuous improvement to keep our department and staff mobilized to do their best work.
We are looking for a Senior Product Operations Specialist who will act as the Team Lead for Product Operations. In this role you will balance a number of programs and complex problems which relate to the strategic goals of the business. You should have dedicated experience in Project Management, or in the area of Business Operations. You possess the training & expertise in specific practices, methodologies, and ways of working.
You should be an experienced functional leader with a history of leading projects end-to-end across multiple functions, departments and stakeholders. You’re an expert at getting things done and can thrive in any environment, no matter how ambiguous. You approach problems with pragmatism and creativity. You know how to ask the right questions at the right times. People could learn a thing or two from your ability to set priorities and re-prioritize on a dime. Organization, communication, and change management are more than a part of your vocabulary; it’s how you operate.
What you'll do here:
- Owns and works on multiple complex programs and/or problems simultaneously.
- Facilitate the interaction and collaboration between various disciplines to set priorities and establish plans. Includes ongoing facilitation of meetings, events, workshops, etc. in support of Product.
- Partner with Product Leadership, Domains, Product staff, and other Operational roles to coordinate on key deliverables and outcomes.
- Uses advanced concepts to resolve complex issues in creative ways to effectively meet objectives.
- Leads change management initiatives and creates structure which supports the sustainable growth of the dept.
- Promotes an environment of accountability and operational excellence on the team.
- Acts as the Team Lead, providing guidance and mentorship to levels I, II and III operations roles.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 4 years of related experience in an Operations or Project/Program Management capacity.
- You have a PMI certification or industry equivalent preferred.
- You are highly organized, pragmatic and results-focused; evaluates the structures that make Product Operations effective.
- you have proven experience managing end-to-end projects across multiple functions, departments and stakeholders.
- You have the ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships, investing in relationships across the org to build out their internal network. Proactive about inviting feedback and the development of their career & skillset.
- you have stellar communication skills: written, in person and presentation abilities.
- You have the ability to establish priorities around tasks and requests of Product Operations.
- You are an expert in org-wide tools like JIRA, Confluence, Aha!, Slack and/or other PPM tools. Knows how to get the most out of each for the coordination of teams, staff and stakeholders.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $98,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.