Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprising brand design, product design, design operations, content strategy, user research and service design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a unified customer experience that inspires and brings value to small businesses.
We are looking for Senior Product Designers who care deeply about their customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.As a Senior Product Designer at Mailchimp, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and work transparently to create designs based on findings from research, data, and feedback from your team
- Are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the customer’s point of view, market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design
- Have a learn-through-experimentation mindset
- Love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar
- Work from product briefs, with clearly articulated goals and hypotheses
- Strive for clarity, working to influence others and build consensus, when dealing with ambiguity
- Work iteratively and love learning fast, taking action, reacting quickly to new information, and focusing on results
- Are customer-focused and value diverse perspectives
- Think about the entire system, providing solutions that better the entire customer experience, not only the feature
- Work with a product manager, engineers, product marketing, content strategy, research, and product analytics to to create holistic end-to-end experiences
- Explore and refine concepts, then narrow to the best solution, weighing technical feasibility and scope with your team
- Work in Figma to deliver elegant solutions to the right problems, advocating for our diverse customer base with data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users through creating research plans, leading and participating in research, focused on both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs)
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights to create empathy with our customers and guide your product team
- Raise the bar for the quality of design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
- Can show experience shipping high impact, successful digital products
- Speak KPIs, OKRs and understand how to rely on data to support your work
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify the customer experience across products and platforms
- Are a self-starter who works proactively to solve problems and bring clarity to ambiguity
- Facilitate both design-focused and cross-functional sessions with ease, relying on your knowledge of facilitation tools and techniques
- Seek to understand, and believe that diverse perspectives are the key to successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer-centric approaches to work
- Can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Understand how modern technologies are used with design
- Love balancing best practices with smart risks
- Have experience or a desire to mentor, while believing you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within and evolving a design system
- Know how to measure success and guide designs to ensure your work supports a strategic goal
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $110,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.