Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Are you seeking a dynamic position in security where you will positively impact both your peers and Mailchimp customers? If so, you might be the right person to fill a Senior Security Engineer role on our team. We have a security-positive culture and invest significant time and energy into our security program; as the company continues to grow, those efforts require additional coordination and alignment with company strategy.
We’re looking for Engineers in this role to assist in securing the Mailchimp platform through advancements to Mailchimp’s product security, mentoring fellow engineers to produce better, more secure code, while helping drive improvements within Security and Engineering as a whole.
Security Engineers work closely with our in-house Penetration Testers and Security Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a highly-experienced Engineer with hands-on security experience who has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you’ll do here:
- Work with teams across the organization to promote security best practices, understand problems, and collaborate on solutions all while staying current with emerging security standards
- Conduct security architecture discussions, code reviews, and lead security-related projects
- Identify broad, impactful areas for improving the security of Mailchimp’s platform
- Provide mentorship for and share expertise with teammates through training, contribution to documentation, and other avenues
- Participate in an on-call rotation for security incidents and assist in incident response processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You have an understanding of common web application stacks and patterns: LAMP, LEMP, MVC
- You have reviewed and provided recommendations for security architectures and/or assisted teams for designing secure systems in either a cloud environment (Google, Amazon or Azure) or on-prem
- You have a solid foundational knowledge of web application security concepts
If you are excited about the role, even if some of the areas don’t perfectly align to your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $125,000.00. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.