Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Group Product Manager you will be responsible for the development and coaching of a team of Product Managers along with ownership of a product portfolio. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and brand goals. This is a full-time opportunity.
What you'll do here:
- Lead a team of Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Product Managers on the tenets of iterative product management, data analysis, strategic thinking/prioritization, planning, and product evangelism.
- Develop holistic strategy across a portfolio of products that ensures a frictionless customer experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap solving for a key customer problem
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- Own product portfolio backlog; partner with product managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs
- Analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer & business needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Collaborate with various departments such, as Product Marketing, Monetization, Design & Communications, to bring product features to market, drive adoption, and deliver on KPI objectives
- Identify portfolio KPIs monitoring performance for opportunities to maximize performance or for course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs of multiple segments
- You are adept at collaboration with peers, subordinates and superiors across the organization to plan and achieve strategy goals
- You can effectively communicate (both verbally and written) with multiple groups, including C-level executives
- You have expert analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate data insights
- You lead by example; excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development and mentorship
- You have a strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You have a bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You have extensive experience in a product-related functions with responsibility for delivering against a product roadmap with experience mentoring junior roles or leading a team
- You have advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $135,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.