Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Senior Program Manager, Employee Experience and Engagement Leader will lead and develop a holistic approach to employee engagement at Mailchimp to enable a more equitable employee experience where all of our employees have a sense of belonging and equal opportunity to succeed. This role will drive significant improvement in the employee experience by building a strategy and framework around the entire employee lifecycle.
From active listening to analyzing data, this person is passionate about creating positive and impactful experiences for our employees to grow. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Redefine Mailchimp’s employee engagement strategy to include a continuous listening approach across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding, and all the moments that matter in between
- Conduct an end to end audit of all current employee experience sentiments collected across the employee life cycle and identify gap and opportunities to improve
- Develop company-wide action planning framework and tools, including standard work, communication planning, and key performance indicators and success factors
- Partner with the People Data and Analytics team to define the technical requirements needed to identify the right technical tools and solutions
- Lead cross-functional team of People Ops, People Partners, Culture & Inclusion, and Data Analytics team members for planning and execution across the enterprise
- Create a compelling narrative for the employee engagement strategy that will keep the voice of employees front and center
- In partnership with People Data & Systems team, present product/platform information and roadmap to leadership and internal partners; organize product details and statuses in regular email communications and presentations; and recommend product features including cost-benefit analysis to support product recommendations
- Participate in vendor platform update processes including reviewing functional enhancements specific to or impacted new, enhanced, or updated functionality. This includes reviewing vendor documentation, creating test cases, executing test cases or reviewing test case results, communicating with stakeholders, etc.
- Embrace design-thinking toolkits and human-centered design when building solutions to empower and enable the employee experience
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with program or project management including leading cross-functional teams and people management and deep expertise working with technology solutions to optimize employee experiences
- Demonstrated experience in building enterprise-level employee engagement programs, specifically in a matrix environment
- Ability to identify and explain data insights, research and proposed digital/technology and other solutions through storytelling and effective presentations
- Ability to build business cases, gather requirements, deliver project plans and execute on schedule
- Strong technical aptitude for organization readiness and tactics to generate awareness, understanding and adoption
- Understanding of experience design best practices and principles
- Previous strategic HR Center of Excellence or HR Business Partner background is a strong bonus
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $104,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.