Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Senior Design Manager, Content Strategy to help shape Mailchimp’s Service Partner Program and App Marketplace experiences. Your team will be responsible for designing and delivering product content flows, content frameworks, product naming, and more across our platform.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience executing content strategies that deliver simple, straightforward experiences by leveraging expertise in user experience design, research and product strategy. You will lead a team of experienced content strategists who collaborate with design, product management, and marketing teams to create compelling experiences for Mailchimp’s partner community helping small businesses succeed.
What you’ll do here:
- You will lead a team of practitioners within our partners verticals and contribute to the evolution of Content Strategy at Mailchimp.
- Oversee content discovery and planning, ensuring content practitioners have the right resources and time to do their work effectively.
- Lead team in identifying connection points between content projects and ensure alignment toward business goals; socialize large-scale, cross-functional initiatives throughout the organization.
- Support principal-level strategists in creating frameworks for content evaluation and identifying opportunities for testing.
- Evaluate workload within the verticals, forecast hiring needs, and determine staffing approach in partnership with the central Content Strategy team.
- Create and curate resources that help the team hone their craft; build the teams and skills necessary for long-term growth within the business verticals and the organization.
- Provide regular performance feedback, reviews, and coaching to help the team increase their impact and grow their careers.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years experience in content strategy or content design, ideally in a product-focused environment
- 4+ years experience growing and managing teams
- Experience coaching high-performing, high-impact practitioners
- Proven record of successfully advocating for content strategy as a discipline and influencing multi-disciplinary teams, including product design, research, engineering, and product management
- Ability to manage relationships with agency partners
- Experience working with a headless CMS a plus
- Experience working with partner programs and two-sided marketplaces a plus
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $132,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.