Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer III to work with a high performing group of software engineers and analysts. This newly forming team will support the development, configuration and architecture of data sources and integrations across Mailchimp.
In this position we seek someone excited to work with a dynamic, diverse group of engineers and managers who are all used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. We will work with teams throughout the organization including the Analytics & Data Science Product Domain, Legal and Compliance, Marketing Analytics, Strategy Operations, and more. We seek someone comfortable with supporting requirement definition and developing operational processes for Mailchimp data sources, both internal and external.
We seek someone with an understanding of why and how diverse teams build better software and create better cultures. Data Services is a team with a vibrant, supportive, empowered, inclusive and positive culture. We like to get things done and feel strongly about customer service and the value we bring to Mailchimp. An ideal candidate will understand the importance of that culture to the team’s productivity and overall benefit this has to Mailchimp as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and cultivate a culture of direct, compassionate feedback. Engage in a results-oriented work style, and encourage transparent communication. Facilitate effective collaboration and teamwork
- Work with the engineering department leadership to iterate on the strategic Data Services Roadmap
- Help deploy, configure, operationalize, maintain, and monitor software integrations (internal or external)
- Work with teams introducing new data sources to ensure our integrations adhere to consistent, scalable patterns and Mailchimp compliance and governance requirements
- Work cross functionally with Legal, Compliance, Data Science, ML Engineering, Support, Marketing and people teams to help define and scope their objectives while ensuring our solutions remain robust and scalable
- Help identify and remove obstacles to project execution
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a passion for writing clean and simple code, and follow good development and testing practices
- Enjoy defining processes for management of data including on-prem integrations, SAAS-contained data, and external data moving to Mailchimp data stores
- You’ve got experience with Cloud Data Infrastructure products (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other vendors is also useful)
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Desire to work in a highly-collaborative environment, and actively contribute to code reviews, software design specs, team-level office hours, etc.
Our primary work will center around Python, Java, Google Cloud Run. We also dabble in Go and PHP, however we’re more interested in your ability to learn and collaborate with our teams while remaining relentless on meeting the needs of our customers. Many of our amazing engineers have picked up the languages we use while working here. We mentioned a lot of items in the description, and want to encourage all peeps to apply. We don’t expect you to be familiar with everything here!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $100,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.