Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
A Technical Product Manager understands how SaaS technology and technical products are accelerating and disrupting the market and apply that knowledge to ensure that the products we develop are built to high standards, are extensible and successfully scale. To be successful in this position a candidate must possess a combination of technical and product management expertise and have the ability to understand how technology goals align with our strategic direction. They must also be clear and effective communicators and be able to develop and nurture relationships with a cross-functional roles across Mailchimp.
Our App Marketplace empowers small businesses with solutions to meet their needs by enabling developers to add new solutions to our platform. As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading one of our App Marketplace squads, focused on extending our platform through external developers.
What you'll do here:
- Drive the overall prioritization, refinement and socialization of the roadmap for extending our platform with extension capabilities through external developers
- Lead the team to discover, design, and build our extensions platform such that it is beloved by users and can be supported by the business.
- Collaborate with Research to understand the competitive landscape and develop deep knowledge of customer and developer needs.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Growth teams to identify audiences and release strategy to drive product adoption
- Identify KPIs to monitor performance for opportunities to maximize performance or for course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You are capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer and partner needs
- You have a strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and detailed levels
- You are adept at making complex technical information approachable to non-technical levels of the organization, ability to highlight the value of technical products in business terms
- You are knowledgable of engineering best practices across the product life cycle including coding standards, testing automation, source control management, release processes and operations
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills; comfortable interfacing with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- You have significant SaaS Marketing Platform, CRM or digital/e-commerce experience
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $128,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.