Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Security Manager in the engineering space to help us build and grow our information security teams. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors and lead teams responsible for the security of our infrastructure, products, and platforms that the Mailchimp suite of products relies on.
There are two teams responsible for penetration testing, application security, operation security, vulnerability management, security incident response, security education, etc; these responsibilities are split between the teams. We are looking to mature and grow our security posture. We’re looking for someone who embodies the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast”, has a desire to constantly improve things (processes and technology), and is willing to question our current thinking.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of high-performing security engineers in multiple office locations; this includes hiring and growing a diverse, inclusive team.
- Collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals, and ensure any roadblocks are removed from the team’s path.
- Work with Product Development teams to ensure security is incorporated into development practices up front, and not as an afterthought.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Participate with peers and Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
- Partner with our CISO to ensure we continuously improve our security posture, and we’re working on the right next things.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about the career growth and development of our engineers.
- Have prior experience leading security engineering teams.
- Have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- Are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging or ambiguous.
- Have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- Commit to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $123,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.