Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. This person will provide support for Mailchimp product development teams to ensure delivery on key product initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve hard problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, establishing what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You are an excellent communicator who is passionate about connecting people and continuous improvement. You are curious, flexible, and able to adapt to change quickly. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross functional team planning and execution
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Facilitate cross team interactions and remove impediments
- Lead and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in and be an advocate for the team
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- You have 3 or more years of experience in project management and agile team facilitation
- You're passionate about agile development
- You have an understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You are attentive to keeping others informed about project developments and plans
- You are self aware and give attention to interpersonal skills
- You have experience in executing change management processes
- You are organized, have a problem solving mindset, and are comfortable presenting to and facilitating groups
- You have a strong desire to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- You have a record of utilizing risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- You can demonstrate the use of project management techniques and tools
- You are flexible and able to change priorities quickly
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $90,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.