Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re seeking an experienced software engineer to help build and support Mailchimp's commerce projects and to help foster community around the project.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a deep knowledge of accessibility, performance and usability best practices
- You have experience writing automated tests for user interfaces. This includes unit, integration and end to end tests using tools like Jest and Cypress
- You have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- You have experience working with OAuth / OpenID Connect
- You have experience using a CI / CD workflow
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable working on a fully distributed team with team members based in different timezones
- You are comfortable interfacing with the open source community, answering questions, helping solve problems and taking feedback
- You have published npm packages
- You have published or maintain open source projects
- You blog and or give talks at industry conferences on technical subjects
- You have some experience with backend technologies like Node and MongoDB
- You have experience using Docker and Docker Compose
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain new and existing UI applications
- Develop React components, UI applications, interface with GraphQL APIs, and solve challenging technical problems
- Interface with the open source community, review community created pull requests, triage community issues, answer questions in chat channels, and attend community meetings
This position is remote and we’re able to hire in these US locations: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp has offices in Atlanta, Brooklyn, Oakland, and Vancouver if you prefer to work from an office.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.