You are a seasoned digital designer with a track record of excellence in the world of web and product design, digital art direction, and motion. You have a keenly developed aesthetic sensibility, an understanding of the many ways in which a strong concept can live or die in execution, and a deep love for the web, digital products, and creative technology.
You foster jovial, upbeat working environments, but set high standards for taste, output, and process. You have a strong understanding of culture, emerging technologies, and developing platforms. You’re used to setting up design workflows in progressive tools like Figma, Principle, and Invision. You love being hands on and know when to step back and provide guidance. You are a compelling presenter and communicate effectively, whether that’s with your most junior team member or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. You see the commercial success of a business as equally as important as its creative output. You’re pragmatic, and have a healthy perspective about your work as it relates to the world. People enjoy working with you. You enjoy working with people.
Stink Studios has offices in New York, Los Angeles and the Bay Area but all U.S. based candidates legally permitted to work in America are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are also open to both full-time only and freelance to full time candidates.
What you’ll do
- Play an instrumental role shaping Stink Studios’ creative output and reputation in the U.S.;
- Concept and design web, creative technology, and digital product experiences;
- Pitch on new business and help deepen our relationships with existing clients;
- Work seamlessly with our Strategy and UX disciplines to integrate any research findings into the creative process and end product;
- Maintain personal relationships with creative team members and foster an equitable, inclusive environment for all creative staff;
- Mentor and lead junior design team, providing continuous feedback and constructive critiques of their work;
- Forge fruitful working relationships with a mix of in-office and distributed staff and freelancers across multiple cities and time zones.
8+ years of design/digital design experience across a combination of agency, studio, production company, or in-house.