The Company -- SigFig
We are SigFig. We’re here to empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to be customer-centric, engaging, and intuitively designed that use technology to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Phoenix, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig.
The Team -- Design
SigFig Design is reinventing finance for all Americans. Be apart of the team that cares about making people’s lives truly better by drastically improving their financial futures.
We’re not afraid to tackle difficult design problems and we strive for the most elegant solution possible. We love to craft interaction gems, yet we don’t lose sight of our team goals. We love shipping high-impact products that move and transform how people invest and view their money.
Our philosophy as a team is to never stop leveling together. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us and build products people trust and love.
The Opportunity -- Product Designer
Design is at the heart of SigFig’s strengths as a business, making you a crucial member of the product team. People will look to you for thought leadership and inspiration especially because designers at SigFig are “end-to-end.”
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You will craft financial tools and experiences on our core and partnership platforms.
- You will build and manage visual systems that support consistency across all our interfaces.
- You must be able to take complex concepts and simplify them into easy to understand, beautiful data visualizations.
- You will be designing product marketing pages, user education content, and brand assets.
- You will guide a product’s vision at its earliest stages with product management and work with engineers to iterate and ensure the highest levels of quality.
- You will participate in user research sessions and partner meetings to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Essentially, you do what it takes to make the product come to life in the most vivid and impactful way possible.
Why We Value You
- A strong portfolio and a keen sense of design, color, typography, and iconography: you have a high bar for excellence and know the difference between “good” and “great”.
- User-centered perspective: you believe understanding users is an essential tool in your design process.
- Team skills: you support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all visual deliverables. You are flexible and open-minded.
- Communication skills: You are a clear communicator and aren’t afraid to have a point of view. You can navigate the intricacies of multi-disciplinary teams and can resolve conflicts if they arise.
- Understanding that product design is more than just pixels: Product design has an enormous impact because it touches people through a business’s core strategy. Embracing team objectives and delivering excellent, relevant work drives and motivates you.
- Experience managing clients: You are adept at managing feedback from your immediate team members and potential partners.
- Self-initiative: you must be comfortable working in ambiguity. We are a growing startup and much of your work will be self-directed.
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- Degree in Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or other design-related field.
- At least five years of professional experience. Tech, design studios, consulting, or advertising backgrounds all qualify.
- Familiarity with industry-standard apps and tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Framer, Invison, and Usertesting.com
- Portfolio showcasing your best work.
Nice to Have
- Experience with motion graphics, video production, or typeface design.
- Interest in finance or personal finance
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.