We’re a brand new language learning app (in stealth mode), with an ambitious combination of functionality and style. We’re looking for an experienced animator to take our ideas and create 3D models for use in our app.
- A portfolio demonstrating 3D animation of characters/objects. A portfolio is the only thing we need to see, not CV’s or years of experience.
- Video game animation (bonus)
- Animal/Character/Avatar models (bonus)
- Integrating 3D models into mobile apps. We think .FBX or .GLTF files work best, but your advice would be helpful. (bonus)
- Knowledge of Three.js or React Native (bonus)
- Language/Geography knowledge (bonus)
You will be creating 3D models for our app, with a lot of creative freedom. The more imaginative you are, the better. You will create 1 main 3D model, which needs to be fully animatable and extendable (the model should have ‘bones’), and 10-100 smaller models which will attach to the main model (via the ‘bones’). Please include the word ‘castle’ at the start of your application, so we know you read the whole thing. The role will be freelance, remote and will last a few months.
- Fully remote
- Totally flexible hours
- Paying market rates
- Lots of creative freedom. We have some ideas, but visually you can go wild!
- Working directly with our co-founders
- Working with a small and highly experienced team
- Flexible and open-minded culture, with optimistic and passionate young founders
Some example animations/models that we are impressed by:
We'll likely be aiming for a similar design style.
We hope that by applying you believe that you can deliver a similar quality of animation/models.